Indian Air Force (IAF) has released the notification for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT-2) for recruitment of Commissioned Officers Posts in Flying and Ground Duty Branches (Technical & Non-Technical). Check educational qualification, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus here. Eligible and interested candidates can apply online from 01 June 2021 to 30 June 2021 on official website www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in OR www.afcat.cdac.in
Check Official Notification
- Flying Branch: 20 to 24 years as on 01 July 2022 i.e. born between 02 July 1998 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 year i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical): Branches. 20 to 26 years as on 01 July 2022 i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002
The selection will be done on the basis of:
- AFCAT written examination
- Officers Intelligence Rating Test & Picture Perception and Discussion test, Psychological test
- Group tests / Interview.
For More check Official Notification
Flying Officer – Rs. 56100 – 177500 at Pay Level – 10, MSP Rs. 15500 (Flight Cadets shall receive a fixed stipend of Rs 56,100/- per month during one year of training.)
- AFCAT Exam – 100 questions on General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test. The total marks of the exam of 300 marks. The duration of the test is 2 Hours.
- EKT [For Candidates with one of the choices as (Technical) Branch] – There will be 50 questions on Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics of 150 marks and the time duration to complete the test is 45 minutes.
- Rs. 250/- (No Fee for NCC Special entry)
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can apply online for IAF AFCAT 2 2021 through ‘careerindianairforce.cdac.in or afcat.cdac.in’ from 01 June to 30 June by following steps. Aadhaar Card is mandatory for online registration
1.Click “CANDIDATE LOGIN’’ on the Home page- leads to AFCAT Sign-in
2.In the next page, applicants to click “NOT YET REGISTERED? REGISTER HERE”.
3.Sign Up: Creation of Log-in ID and applicant will receive a password in his/her registered email id.
4.After successful registration, sign-in with registered email id and system generated password.
5.Reset Password- Log-Out (candidates must remember their login ID and password for future use during the examination process).
7.Selection of Entry: “AFCAT”; “NCC SPECIAL ENTRY FOR FLYING BRANCH”.
8.Click “INSTRUCTIONS”. Read Instructions carefully.
9.Acknowledgement of having read and understood instructions- Check box to proceed to next stage.
10.Click “APPLICATION FORM FILLING”
11.Click “MAKE PAYMENT”- Online (applicable only for AFCAT)
12.Click “PAYMENT STATUS” to view whether payment is successful. If Registration Number is displayed, it implies that the payment is successful.